Monday 17 September 2012

Cloud Atlas The Remarkably Impressive Film!

 I had the opportunity to go to the Toronto International Film Festival last weekend and the weekend before. The first weekend I decided to take part in the red carpet event for the film Cloud Atlas. And this past weekend I actually saw the film. To tell the complete truth I think that TIFF is a remarkable event that the city of Toronto gets to be part of. Unfortunately, I understand why people like Tom Hanks tend to believe that they are "cows ready for slaughter." At the red carpet event, many of the event employees would push the celebrities through the "rings" so that they could get interviewed within the various venues. Unfortunately, I believe that celebrities, such as Tom Hanks actually want to be part of the festivities and they do not want to be pushed around. So just a tip, maybe let them breathe a little bit. 

Now on to the good stuff....

Going into the film Cloud Atlas I never thought that I would really understand what is going on. The very reason I decided to see this film was because Tom Hanks was in it. Being my favourite actor, I thought....hmmmm I doubt he would disappoint. So, here I am going into a film, that has a very complicated storyline. I would have to say though....it was one of the most ridiculously impressive films I have seen in a long time. 

At the very same time, this film brought together the very idea that everyone is connected. And no matter what decisions we make, they will always effect other people and the lives that they lead. So it is important to fight for the things that others may not. 

Moving on to the actors...Tom Hanks, Halle Barry, Susan Sarandon, and Jim Sturgess played multiple characters within this film. Some you would have known right away and others not so much. But with each character they played each actor or actress was able to show their true talents. I was impressed by everyone within this film, not because of their names, but because of that fact that they had to play different characters that I am sure they have never had to play before. Some funny, some good, and some awful. But each character was connected by a single mark. And this mark connected each story to the other. 

I think that this is a film that everyone should watch and learn from. It is definitely a film that I will even have to watch again to ensure that I saw every thing that I needed to, to understand the story. 

All and all, I give this film a A-. Great film that I think all movie goers would love if they are up for the challenge. This film proves the theory that we are all connected, that no one person is singular. We all are effected by the choices of others, even if we do not believe it. So go and see for yourself. I am pretty sure this film is to be coming out this October. So... I'll see you at the movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment