Monday 23 July 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

One word sums up the new Batman film...SPECTACULAR! I could have not asked for a better film. I was very impressed by the open-ended ending that Christopher Nolan left all spectators. But before I go into detail about how awesome this film really is, I think that I should also add a little note on the previous "Theatre Massacre" that occurred. 

I would like to take this moment to say how incredibly sorry I am to anyone who had lost or even has a wounded brother, sister, mother, father, or friend that endured this night of horror. It is a night that I am sure no one will forget. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

The Dark Knight Rises was a great ending to a very iconic DC Comic story. As we all know, Christopher Nolan developed a Batman trilogy that changed the way we viewed this character. These films created a new and improved Batman that most audiences could believe in. In many ways these films, including the most recent Dark Knight were also very politically charged. This movie was not about the rich saving the day and making more money, it was about the rich taking the opportunity to help in times of need without hesitation. It is movies like these that show audiences what is really important. 

Another aspect of the film that I loved was the villain. In the previous Batman films Nolan tended to put Batman up against the not-so-tough villain that he could easily defeat. But in this recent film Batman's limits and physical strength were tested. Batman had to fight tooth and nail against Bane, and even then I am sure audiences were not sure if he would survive it. 

In terms of the actors and actresses that came into this recent film, I was very impressed. I will be the first to admit that I did not think that Anne Hathaway had what it takes. I did not see her as a "super-hero" character, but she amazed me. She plays a great villain/heroine. And as for Joseph Gordon Levitt, what can he not do? Wow! I wonder what is next for this amazing actor. 

Lastly, for anyone that is a fan of special effects, this film had them all. Nolan has always been known for his spectacular effects and this film out did them all. If Nolan really declares that this will be the last Batman film he makes, I am sure that it will go down in history. 

I give this film an [A] for its amazing special effects, actors, and its new adaptation to a well-known and loved comic book character. Thank you Christopher, like always you make watching films a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment